For almost half a century, the carnival in Rio – the most famous in the world.
• it sets the tone for the carnivals in Europe and America. its the modern world Brazilian carnival has developed quite recently, in the first half of the twentieth century. Tied to the lunar calendar, Easter and lent, Brazilian carnival, like Mardi Gras – holiday mobile, it is the end of February or beginning of March.
• From a European tradition of solemn processions future Brazilian carnival borrowed lush robes (to make them parties to spare neither money nor time) and carnival carts, called in Latin carrus navalis (the”wagon ” ship”), and Spanish simply “karros” .
• Current Brazilian carnival carnival unthinkable without associations – voluntary communities (sometimes numbering up to several thousand people) presented on separate processions processions with their own Kiarostami.
• Immediate predecessors carnival associations were African theatrical procession with music, singing and dancing, Dating back to pagan rituals – kardous and ranches. Among obligatory characters of this action were king, clowns, Indians, the dead, the devils, the teacher is the conductor and “the parade commander”, Continue reading
Soon everyone will Wake up from hibernation. Both nature and people. So – it’s time to pack your bags. We are waiting for the festival where you can happily welcome the spring.
Festival grapefruits in Cuba
March 1 begins the holiday celebrating the harvest of citrus. The festival will lasts for several days and nights. Everyone will be able to attend performances, taste interesting dishes from citrus fruits, drinks, salads, desserts. Present grapefruit the feast.
On the first day of spring is celebrated beer Day. There are no limits! Drink as much as fits. 75 years ago on this day cancelled the prohibition. And so it happened holiday. All places are open until morning. Students love drinking beer in pubs Reykjavik. The only pity is that the price of beer in Iceland is among the highest in the world.
March 2 will be held Cavalcade de Diekirch. This annual event. The entire Luxembourg will become one big stage for the holiday. Will be parades, concerts, contests, games and entertainment. Luxembourg carnival one of the most colorful. The costumes are made by hand. And the rain of popcorn and confetti caught in umbrellas.
Festival of cherry blossom in the U.S. capital
From March 20 to April 14, will be held in Washington Continue reading
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
February 28 – March 4
Like Mardi Gras in New Orleans and the Carnival in Venice, Carnival in Rio de Janeiro – it’s a party in non-stop mode, only in the Brazilian style, which is a seemingly endless parade of Samba and colorful costumes.
2. Oktoberfest – Munich, Germany
The second half of September to the first weekend in October
Despite the fact that there are different, smaller-scale counterparts of this festival around the world, Munich’s traditional event is the largest beer festival in the world. In 2013, beer was sold for more than $96,178,668.
3. Festival of snow and ice – Harbin, China
5 January – 5 February
Harbin international festival is the largest event of snow and ice in the world, where you can see a snow sculpture, height 3 meters, and building life-size, made of giant ice blocks.
4. Holi is the festival which is celebrated by Hindus around the world
Holi, also known as the Festival of colors, marks the end of winter and beginning of spring. A holiday filled with unbridled joy and freedom. Just don’t forget to bring your paint.
5. Casimiro – Base, Spain
Every year, hundreds of Spaniards smeared with a special oil to cast the abduction Continue reading