Brazilian carnival is not just a holiday, it has become a brand known all over the world. Carnival in Venice is much older and its traditions go back centuries, but whoever you ask – most of the word “carnival” is associated with the carnival in Rio de Janeiro. although it is organized in other cities of Brazil, and in the neighbouring countries too. Just Brazilian carnivals once more promoted, and especially in Rio. In carnival invested an impressive amount of money: it is the placement of multiple cameras on a special cranes and helicopters hovering over the sambadrome, where the main action. Picture, broadcast on Brazilian TV, a very colorful and impressive, and many channels of other countries broadcast cuts of carnival in Rio during their news broadcasts. And Brazilian carnival is this: the sight is impressive.
Carnival in Rio has been in court for weeks and at this time the city stops working, closed everything, except for discos, clubs and other entertainment venues. Flights to Rio from Europe and USA sold out instantly, and the prices in hotels are doubled if not tripled. No seats available, begins the celebration of life, a true Orgy. The main events take place in the sambódromo. It is a road length of about one kilometer and a width of thirty meters. One side of the sambadrome busy lodges, three-tiered bunk or how much they cost, I don’t know, but I suspect Continue reading
1. International balloon festival in Albuquerque, USA, from 5 to 13 October
For the first time this festival was held in 1972. Since then, the festival in Albuquerque became the most grandiose festival of balloons.
Annually as air rises about 750 of the most diverse in shape, size and color of balloons. The holiday lasts for 9 wonderful days. Competition among fancy balloons are replaced by competitions on simultaneous mass ascent of balloons.
2. The festival of Loy Krathong (Loykrathong Festival), Thailand, November
This festival is held annually in Thailand and parts of Laos and Burma. Literally, the name of the festival comes from the word “floating” (Loy) and “boat leaves from” (krathong).
Loy Krathong – full moon day in November – festival of water and light. This day allowed all boats in the water-krathongs with flowers and candles, and in the sky launch sky lanterns.
3. The carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, February
Carnival in Rio is the largest and most famous mass party in the world. Legendary spirit demonstrate the best Samba dancers. In fact, the festival is the parade Continue reading
We always look forward to any holidays, because it can be fun to note, you can not go to work or school (not all of course), etc. We have long been accustomed to the usual holidays — the New year. March 8, February 23, victory Day, etc. But there are so many different holidays that the common man of our country may seem strange, funny and unusual. So, the most unusual festivals in the world.
1. Of Hadak Matsuri. In Japan every third Saturday of February, decided to hold this festival, or rather even a Festival. Thousands of naked men out in the cold. They are dressed only in loincloths and sandals. According to custom, so goes the rite of ritual purification. It is believed that on this day, if a man discards his clothes off, it automatically resets all the failures and attracts good luck.
2. March of the zombies. This holiday is celebrated annually in Canada (Boston). Something like Halloween. but then thousands of people dress up in zombie and walk down the street depicting the walking dead brain eaters. What is remarkable is that many of them try to copy the gait of a zombie from the clip Michael Jackson-Thriller (1983).
3. World championship mugs. The festival Continue reading