For almost half a century, the carnival in Rio – the most famous in the world.
• it sets the tone for the carnivals in Europe and America. its the modern world Brazilian carnival has developed quite recently, in the first half of the twentieth century. Tied to the lunar calendar, Easter and lent, Brazilian carnival, like Mardi Gras – holiday mobile, it is the end of February or beginning of March.
• From a European tradition of solemn processions future Brazilian carnival borrowed lush robes (to make them parties to spare neither money nor time) and carnival carts, called in Latin carrus navalis (the”wagon ” ship”), and Spanish simply “karros” .
• Current Brazilian carnival carnival unthinkable without associations – voluntary communities (sometimes numbering up to several thousand people) presented on separate processions processions with their own Kiarostami.
• Immediate predecessors carnival associations were African theatrical procession with music, singing and dancing, Dating back to pagan rituals – kardous and ranches. Among obligatory characters of this action were king, clowns, Indians, the dead, the devils, the teacher is the conductor and “the parade commander”, Continue reading
1. International balloon festival in Albuquerque, USA, from 5 to 13 October
For the first time this festival was held in 1972. Since then, the festival in Albuquerque became the most grandiose festival of balloons.
Annually as air rises about 750 of the most diverse in shape, size and color of balloons. The holiday lasts for 9 wonderful days. Competition among fancy balloons are replaced by competitions on simultaneous mass ascent of balloons.
2. The festival of Loy Krathong (Loykrathong Festival), Thailand, November
This festival is held annually in Thailand and parts of Laos and Burma. Literally, the name of the festival comes from the word “floating” (Loy) and “boat leaves from” (krathong).
Loy Krathong – full moon day in November – festival of water and light. This day allowed all boats in the water-krathongs with flowers and candles, and in the sky launch sky lanterns.
3. The carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, February
Carnival in Rio is the largest and most famous mass party in the world. Legendary spirit demonstrate the best Samba dancers. In fact, the festival is the parade Continue reading
In the world there are many different holidays, some of which are very unusual and interesting.
The most interesting holidays of the world (Photos), the Festival of colors in new Delhi — the Indian national holiday in honor of the arrival of spring, the celebration of the expulsion of evil and the rebirth of life. It is celebrated for 2 days on a full moon. According to the legend, on this day died the evil demon Holika. On this day in each city hosts its celebration, everywhere lit bonfires, symbolizing the end of winter and the death of evil spirits. Fire burn an effigy of Holika, throw the fruits seasonal harvest — grain, coconuts, etc. in the Morning people go to the street, and the fun begins all over each other colored water of the red, green, yellow, blue and black colour and throws colored powders.
La Tomatina in Bunol Hamel — the famous “tomato battle”. This is one of the most popular holidays in Spain. Annually it is visited by about 36 thousand people. On special trucks to the site of the battle brought about 100 tons of ripe tomatoes. The rules here are pretty simple — you can throw tomatoes at anyone, importantly, to avoid injury, tomatoes need a good stretch. Also it is impossible to tear the opponents Continue reading